CPR is a lifesaving technique that is useful in many emergency situations, including heart attacks and near-drownings in which someone's breathing or heartbeat has stopped. Knowing how to preform CPR can dramatically increase the chance of survival for patients in these types of emergency situations if bystanders can begin CPR until emergency responders arrive on-scene.
Central Fire Protection District does not currently offer CPR classes, but there are many excellent CPR class providers located within Santa Cruz County where these skills can be learned.
The following is a list of local resources for learning CPR.
- Above Bar CPR, (831) 223-4376 - AHA Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver CPR & First Aid Courses
- American Red Cross, (831) 462-2881 - CPR for Professional Rescuer & Basic CPR
- Aptos/La Selva Fire Protection District, (831) 685-6690 - Bystander CPR
- Cabrillo College, (831) 479-6468 - AHA CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Child Development Resource Center, (831) 466-5820 - Medic/First Aid Certified Pediatric CPR/ First Aid (EMSA)
- Dominican Hospital Santa Cruz, (831) 462-7709 - BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Emergency Training Services, (800) 700-8444 - BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Felton Fire Protection District, (831) 335-4422 - ASHI First Aid & CPR
- KISMET - Lifesavers Kelly Allen, (800) 643-3931 - AHA Heartsaver, Healthcare Provider & ASHI courses
- NorCal MedTac, (831) 970-0440 - ASHI Classes: CPR Pro
Community CPR, First Aid, Emergency Response for Workplace
- Santa Cruz Emergency Response Training, (831) 426-9111 - AHA Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver CPR, First Aid, PALS, ACLS & BLS Courses
- Scotts Valley Fire Protection District, (831) 438-0211 - Bystander CPR (offered quarterly)
- Watsonville/Aptos Adult Education, (831) 786-2160 or (831) 786-4820 - First Aid & Standard CPR
- Watsonville Community Hospital, (831) 763-6499 - BLS for Healthcare Providers